Cary R. Bond - Founder
Cary R. Bond
Cary R. Bond counsels clients in a variety of legal matters, including construction, corporate formation, and governance. Earlier in his career, his work focused almost exclusively on litigation in ERISA and the construction industry. Mr. Bond's practice has expanded to include litigation and general counsel to a wide array of companies.
A native of Illinois, Mr. Bond graduated from Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana. After college, he graduated from Washington & Lee University School of Law, where he was a member and contributor to the Washington & Lee Law Review. He is admitted to practice in California and Nevada, as well as numerous U.S. District Courts and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Mr. Bond is a member of the San Diego County Bar Association, the State Bar of California, and the American Bar Association's Forum on the Construction Industry. Mr. Bond holds the AV® Pre-eminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, in recognition of his high level of skill and integrity. In 2006, the San Diego Daily Transcript recognized Mr. Bond as one of the Top 10 San Diego attorneys in the category of Real Estate & Construction Litigation. Mr. Bond has been featured in the San Diego edition of Super Lawyers® every year since the publication premiered in 2007.
To contact Mr. Bond, please click here.
Mr. Bond's practice focuses on the following areas of law: Construction Law, Construction Dispute Resolution, Entity Formation, Government Contracts, Mechanic's Liens, Stop Notices, Disputes regarding various forms of bonds such as Payment and Performance Bonds, Bid Protests, Public Contract Law, Public Works Contracts, Construction Claims.
- Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana (B.A.)
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia (J.D.)
- Member, Washington & Lee Law Review, 1982. Author: "Inconsistencies in the Federal Circuit Courts' Application of the Coconspirator Exception," 39 Wash. & Lee L. Rev. 125-147
Mr. Bond has received Martindale-Hubbell's highest rating, A.V., in recognition of his high level of skill and integrity; he has been recognized by his peers as one of the Top 10 lawyers in the area of Real Estate (Litigation Law) by the San Diego Daily Transcript, 2006 and was selected to San Diego Super Lawyers in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
Licensed to Practice
- California State and Federal Courts
- Nevada State and Federal Courts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Courts
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry
- Member of the San Diego Bar Association (Construction Industry Forum)